Manager, Emergency Services & Disaster Recovery (ESDR)
Bassi Construction LP, a leading general contracting, restoration, and emergency response company is seeking a Manager, ESDR. Reporting to the President, this role is to plan, oversee, and manage the Emergency Services and Disaster Recovery division, including the end-to-end delivery of a designated portfolio of projects with various risk profiles to ensure it meets targets for safety, profitability, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all operations within the division exceed Bassi’s standards for employee health and safety
- Recruit, lead, mentor, develop, and retain skilled talent to meet and exceed operational and financial goals
- Lead all business development activities for the division leveraging network of existing clients, referrals from other divisions of Bassi, and prospecting new customer
- Oversee all aspects of the operations of the division, including the tendering of jobs, estimating, scheduling of staff, and site execution
- Works with policy holders and other stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions that meet the requirements of all.
- Uses approved job costing methodologies to prepares accurate estimates, quotations and work plans
- Ensures that Emergency and Rebuild timelines are met and in alignment with policy and guidelines.
- Support Project Managers, field and administrative staff by reviewing and making recommendations to existing and proposed designs, contracts, timelines, meetings with stakeholders, and compliance requirements for all projects
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and acts as a primary liaison with policy holders, adjustors and insurance providers.
- Maintain active commercial relationships with key suppliers, and subtrades
- Ensure all bids, contracts, and operations are in compliance with Bassi project and financial controls and policies
- Oversee all financial activities of the division including purchasing, billing, and collections to maximize return on investment
- Leverage technology and own business acumen to improve the efficiency, profitability, and customer service of the division
- Develop and evaluate the ESDR division on critical KPIs including response time
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong leadership and change management skills
- Advanced knowledge of emergency services and disaster recovery processes, means and methods as well as legislative requirements
- Extensive understanding of insurance claims as they relate to restoration
- Previous experience in residential estimating with a home builder, renovation company, or restoration company
- Comfortable with managing the sales process for the division ensuring that a robust pipeline is maintained and high level of sales conversion
- Innovative in developing new lines of business to grow the business and increase profitability
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate innovative practices and technologies in order to deliver value to the client
Qualifications and Experience
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role; known for exceptional customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Project Management experience in a related field
- Familiarity with Xactimate and Xactanalysis
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel